Created in 2009, owner Jessica Pickens started Comet Over HollywoodTM to express her classic film love and share articles about the films that shaped our society, pop culture and knowledge.
By trade, Pickens has a journalism background. Since 2009, Pickens has:
- Interviewed actors James Best and Dolores Hart
- Had a film column in North and South Carolina based newspapers
- Covered the 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 Turner Classic Movies Film Festival in Los Angeles.
- Visited and reviewed classic film museums
- Covered the Bernard Herrmann Festival in Washington, DC, in 2016
- Covered the annual Autumn of Oz Festival in 2016
There would be no glamour and Rodeo Drive without Cecil B. Demille and Jesse Lasky’s barn-turned-studio that they bought in a barren Los Angeles in the 1913.
For me Turner Classic Movies is my education, silent movies talk and Joan Crawford isn’t what her daughter made her out to be in “Mommie Dearest.”
With a mix of classic movie and journalism writing knowledge, a Comet Over Hollywood™ is still burning.